Samuel G. Wenger
Dates of birth and death
Named in 1990 lawsuit against Living Word Christian School and Living Word Fellowship Church, where he was administrator and pastor, respectively. Wenger and his co-defendants were charged by a victim of a predatory youth pastor at Living Word with “fail[ing] to act upon the supplied information of [perpetrator Curtis Monk]’s conduct and attempting to hide the guilt of Monk by directing the blame and humiliation upon the minor plaintiff and making her believe that the actions of Monk were caused by her behavior.” The case was eventually settled out of court.
In addition, SNAP Mennonite has received well-substantiated reports of sexually manipulative abuses of power during his appointment as pastor at Freedom Fellowship near Broadway, VA. If you have further information or have seen, suspected or suffered harm, please contact us confidentially at email@example.com or write anonymously to MAP List, P.O. Box 1768, Harrisonburg, VA 22803
Church-related positions held
- Served as pastor in multiple settings, both Mennonite and non-denominational.
- Cornerstone Church of Broadway, Pastor, Broadway, VA, fall 2009-spring 2012
- North Greenville Christian Fellowship, Traveler’s Rest, South Carolina, Senior Pastor, 2003-2009
- DeWitt Community Church, DeWitt, Michigan, Senior Pastor, 1999-2000
- Mt. Zion Christian Fellowship, Greenville, South Carolina, Senior Pastor, 1988-1999
- Living Word Fellowship Church, Stryker, OH, Senior Pastor, 1976-1988
- Wooster Mennonite Church, Wooster, OH, Youth Pastor, 1975-76.
Current employment/location (as of 2017)
- Lead pastor at Freedom Fellowship, Broadway, VA.
- “Mother, daughter suing nine,” The Bryan Times, August 25, 1990.