Randy August Johnson
Date of birth
November 25, 1964
According to court records, Johnson sexually abused a 12- or 13-year-old girl multiple times over a year and a half from 2013 to 2014. Most of the abuse reportedly occurred at his Dallas Center home, next door to Dallas Center Church of the Brethren, where Johnson formerly was the pastor.
Johnson was charged with five counts of third-degree sexual abuse, three counts of indecent contact with a child, two counts of indecent exposure, two counts of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse, and one count of child endangerment.
He entered an Alford plea of guilty to one count of indecent exposure and one count of child endangerment causing bodily injury. He was sentenced to three years’ probation on the charge of child endangerment causing bodily injury and two years of probation for indecent exposure. The sentences will be served concurrently.
Church-related positions held
- Pastor at Dallas Center Church of the Brethren, Dallas Center, Iowa for 14 years
- Licensed Iowa foster parent from October 2004 to July 2007
- Lives in Dallas Center, Iowa (according to IA Sex Offender Registry)
- Employment unknown
- Former Iowa pastor faces 13 charges, including sex crimes against child – Des Moines Register 01-25-2017
- “Former Iowa pastor, foster parent charged with child molestation,” Des Moines Register, Jan. 26, 2017
- “After pastor’s sex abuse charges, his wife and congregation gather,” Des Moines Register, Jan. 29, 2017
- Iowa Sex Offender Registry, Updated March 5, 2018