Ned L. Wyse
Date of birth
April 9, 1951
In July 2017, a complaint of sexual misconduct was filed against Salem Mennonite Church pastor Ned Wyse with the Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA. Persons close to the case told MAP that the complaint came from a young married woman in the congregation to whose family Wyse had given financial support over an extended period.
In October 2017, the conference reported to the congregation that their internal investigation concluded Wyse was “guilty of sexual misconduct and crossed professional boundaries.” The conference’s credentialing committee chose to suspend Wyse’s credentials for one year “with conditions of counseling and participating in Faith Trust Institute’s Healthy Boundaries training.” They reported that Wyse “admitted his wrongdoing and the conference gave him conditions for the restoration of his ministerial credentials.”
The conference also published notice in the Ohio Conference Evangel in November 2017, stating: “For accountability, the Ohio Conference has begun following guidelines developed by Mennonite Church USA for notifying members when credentialed persons are disciplined because of sexual misconduct.”
A decision regarding re-credentialing is expected by November 2018.
The MAP List is actively collecting first-person accounts and other documentation concerning all who appear on The MAP List, as well as other Anabaptist / Mennonite church workers suspected or known to have sexually offended. If you contact us or send us documentation, your identity will remain confidential unless you specify otherwise. You may also send materials anonymously to the mailing address below. Please note that the MAP List does not investigate allegations of sexual abuse or misconduct; such inquiries are best handled by civil authorities and specially trained professionals.
email@example.com / P.O. Box 1768, Harrisonburg, VA 22803 / direct call to Barbra Graber: 540.214.8874
Church-related positions held
- Pastoral leadership at Salem Mennonite Church, Waldron, Michigan (1985-present)
- Family Camp pastor, Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp, Divide, Colorado (1992-2017)
- Resource person for Family Camp, Little Eden Camp, Onekama, Michigan
- Farmer-pastor presentations of poetry and dramatic Bible monologues in churches, schools, and civic organizations (1983-present)
Current employment/location (as of 2018)
- Traveling presenter of poetry, dramatic Bible monologues, and scripture recitations
- Church camp and congregational resource person
- Lives in Frontier, Michigan, near Camden, Hillsdale County
- Statement to the Salem Mennonite Congregation from Ohio Conference MCUSA – Oct. 4, 2017
- Ned Wyse Statement to the Congregation – Oct. 8, 2017
- Announcement in Ohio Mennonite Evangel (page 5, “Credentialing deals with misconduct, restoration”) – Nov/Dec 2017