Date of birth
Allegations of sexual misconduct against a parishioner in the context of counseling while serving as a lead pastor at Bay Shore Mennonite Church in Sarasota, Florida, in 2001. Named in a report commissioned by Mennonite Church USA, completed by D. Stafford and Associates, for protecting an alleged perpetrator at Lindale Mennonite Church in 2014, while serving as lead pastor there. Additional complaints about Yoder reportedly made by women to Virginia Mennonite Conference district minister in 2016
Church-related positions held
- Campus pastor at Hesston College in Hesston, KS (1983-85, 1987-
- Pastor at Hesston Inter-Mennonite Fellowship (1991-97);
- Senior pastor at Bay Shore Mennonite
Church, Sarasota, FL (1997-2003);
- Lead pastor at Lindale Mennonite Church, Linville, VA (2003-
Current employment/location (as of 2017)
- Last known, Harrisonburg, VA
- Complaint Form Concerning Ministerial Misconduct. Submitted to Ministerial Leadership Committee of Southeast Mennonite Conference, June 19, 2002.
- Letter to victim from Ken Nauman (Conference Minister, Southeast Mennonite Conference), August 7, 2002.
- Letter to victim from Ken Nauman, March 11, 2003.
- “Report cites pastoral protection in Virginia abuse case.” Mennonite World Review, January 19, 2017.
- “Conference responds to DSA Report.” Virginia Mennonite Conference, February 10, 2017.
- “Virginia conference terminates Yoders credentials“. VirginiaConference.org October, 2017.
- “Who Protects the Flock? My Encounter with an Abusive Pastor” by Kay Ellen, May 8, 2017