David B. Eller
Date of birth
Criminal use of computer, unlawful contact with minor. Arrested for trying to arrange sexual encounter with 12-year-old girl after four undercover agents posing as young girls followed him in Internet chat rooms. Convicted in 2007. Released from prison in 2011.
Church-related positions held
- Professor of Religion at Bluffton College (1976-1984),
- Ordained minister in Church of the Brethren.
- Former director of the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College.
- Former director of Religious Studies Department at Elizabethtown College.
Current employment/location (as of 2016)
- Mount Joy, PA
- “Police Criminal Complaint: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. David B. Eller,” Dec. 1, 2006. (
- “Child-sex sting: Ex-prof jailed,” Lancaster Online, June 2, 2007.
- “Brethren College Professor Arrested in Sting Operation,” Church of the Brethren Newsline, June 22, 2006.
- “The Tragic Case of David B. Eller: One woman’s story of his sexual abuse of power,” Our Stories Untold (blog), Dec. 16, 2013.